11th Session of the Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues
May 5th and 6th from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Church Center for the United Nations
777 UN Plaza on the 2nd Floor - New York City
Saturday, May 5th 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
1. Opening Thanksgiving - Welcome and Words of Wisdom by hosts and Elders
2. Selection of Chairpersons (Co-Chairs fluent in Spanish and English)
3. Acceptance of Agenda
4. Permanent Forum Agenda:
- PF 3. Doctrine of Discovery
Inclusion of indigenous peoples’ human rights in national constitutions
Study of good practices in the Artic Combating violence against Indigenous women
- PF 4. Human rights:
(a) Implementation of the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples;
(b) Dialogue with the Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights and fundamental freedoms of indigenous people and other United Nations human rights mechanisms.
- PF 5. Comprehensive dialogue with United Nations agencies and funds including WIPO.
- PF 6. Rights of indigenous peoples to food and food sovereignty Shifting cultivation and the sociocultural integrity of indigenous peoples
- PF 7. World Conference on Indigenous Peoples 2014
- PF 8 Half-day discussion on Central and Eastern Europe, the Russian Federation, Central Asia and Transcaucasia
- PF 9 Indigenous peoples, transnational corporations and other business enterprises
- 5th anniversary of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
5. Scheduling of Caucus meetings during the week
6. Recorder for Indigenous Caucus
7. Drafting teams for Caucus statements
8. Other matters
a) HRC Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples – July 2012
b) OAS Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
c) Earth Summit Rio+20
d) Indigenous Prep-com, June, 2013 Alta, Norway
Lunch Break 12:00 - 1:00 each day (lunch will be provided)
Sunday, April 18th
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
8. Review by Chairs of first Caucus day
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
9. Introduction of and discussion with the expert members of the Permanent Forum
10. Briefing by staff members of the Permanent Forum’s Secretariat
2:00 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Continuation of Business
3:45 Closing Thanksgiving
Please note that the Church Center closes at 4:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday